Process server San Antonio
We serve in ALL 254 Texas counties
Proof of service provided for every defendant
Each service will include 4 to 6 service attempts
Reach Out to Us
How do we serve the process in San Antonio?
In San Antonio Texas, the methods of process service are similar to those in all parts of Texas. To process service in San Antonio, you must find a professional process server to assist you in your legal needs. The next thing to take note of before taking any legal action, one must be knowledgeable on the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure. According to the Texas rules of civil procedure, a respondent is served by the following:
Private Process Server will deliver court paper to the respondent, complete a Return of Service form which indicates when and where a respondent was served and files the completed Return of Service with the court to send it to be filed with the court.
Service by Posting – This is a method used when the process server cannot find the respondent unless children are involved.
Service by Publication – This method is used when a process server cannot find a respondent’s location, especially when children are involved.
How It Works
Call or email us with a specific request.
We will confirm receipt and assign a work order to a server in the respondents zip code.
We will notify you with real time service updates from the field. Once complete we will file service returns with the specific court and provide file stamped copies back to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if a process server can't serve you in San Antonio?
- You may ask the judge for permission to serve the respondent if and only if any of the eligible people have tried to serve the respondent in person or by certified mail without success and when one can prove that the respondent lives, works, or can be found in a location where service took place.
- File a Motion for Substituted Service and a Rule 106(b) Affidavit from a private process server. Once the judge has been convinced that the respondent can be found where the service took place, a judge can sign an Order for Substituted Service
- Order of Substituted Service – this authorizes eligible people to leave a copy of court papers with anyone over 16 at the location specified in the affidavit and can authorize service in any form.
- Look into is serving someone through social media. If you check the Texas Rules of Civil Service, social media is authorized under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code 17.033. You may ask your judge for an alternative service. It may be tricky to convince the judge as the bar is high when proving that social media is the best alternative method. This is because social media has privacy issues, and it does not ensure that the respondent will be able to receive a notification. Though social media can be a tool to prove where a respondent is located, you must verify that the respondent’s account is official and owned by them. Only then can the judge allow service.
- If you have looked into the Texas process, the easiest way to process service is by hiring professional process servers such as Austin Process. However, if you are interested, you may want to know a few things about them.
What is Austin Process?
- Austin Process is a popular legal community in Texas with a growing community working with Fortune 500 go-to-law firms, Insurance companies, various state contracts, and individual law firms that pride themselves in taking care of each client that they handle. They have been in the legal business for over 20 years and have grown and developed an extensive network of reputable servers. Austin process offers various services that assure clients that they maintain high standards, provide quality services, and amazing customer support. They prioritize and carefully evaluate each client and study each case in detail to meet their client’s needs according to their tailored services. Their team consists of the following: Mike Techow, Marie Henry, Sue Dickerson, Whitney Riggs, Lilianna Soto, and Dublin, their office manager.
- Process Serving – A service that provides all of your civil process and investigative needs. They integrate first0name basis customer service with state-of-the-art technology themes. Each client is guaranteed a hassle-free step-by-step process, no need for the client to call different companies all over the state to check cases. Process serving and investigative needs will be handled by Austin Process professionally and expeditiously.
- Full Skip Tracing Department to Locate Hard to Find Business and Individuals
- Asset Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
- Document Filings
- Uncontested Ticket
- Record Retrievals and Courthouse Research
- SOS Corporate Filings and Apostille Seals
- Surprised Move-outs
- Crash Scene Photos
What Attorneys Say
Here’s some feedback we’ve received from law firms all over the United States.
My office has used Austin Process exclusively since at least 2017. We do a moderate regular volume of business with them each year across several Texas counties and they have handled the ~90% of our straightforward service needs and the ~10% that are more complex equally well. The small staff is friendly and responsive and on the very few occasions when I’ve had something particularly out of the ordinary, Mike has personally ensured it’s taken care of. We’ve had a very good customer experience working exclusively with Austin Process for several years now and I would certainly recommend using them for any service needs throughout the State of Texas.
I’ve been using Austin Process for service and skip tracing since I opened my practice. They are incredibly reliable, responsive, and always get the job done.
I have worked with Austin Process for nearly a decade. They are prompt, professional, and reliable. They have never let me down and have extensive knowledge of the rules of civil procedure and expeditious turnaround time. Highly recommend!
This is a top notch outfit! They are quick, efficient, and VERY experienced. They are our firm’s go to process server every time.